HR with feeling

It was already 5 pm, but the HRD office was still lively. Sitting in the bog chair, Mrs. Emiliani who listened carefully to an old lady. She's the driver's wife. She was crying while telling her story. That is the way of work here. Everyone is treated as family. Well, it is a family business corporate.

The fact is that HRD is overloaded. They even take care of personnel household affairs. The employees had been multiplied since the last time I came here. Since the core business is distributing, many drivers are recruited. Most of them are old, less smart and hardly enjoy rules.

As any other company, the management wish to convey good image to their customers (no matter how small their shops are). However, they find it hard to create such good manner with these drivers.

At the same time, the workload is killing. HRD staffs are stucked in general affairs duty and they're less knowledge about human resources development.They barely had time to think about human resources strategical planning.

I was here 5 years ago. It's a short period of work, but the board treated me too good. It was a 9 months work range for me, but a life time tide for real. I stopped working to continue my study at another island. However, they still kept in touch with me. The management is crazy to fix everything leaving me with whole bunch of works to do.

The idea of HRD is actually this simple:



However, it's easier to say than do it. When you put a heart in it, it's getting harder. You know what people say about heart? "Home is where the heart is" That's what they're trying to do here: to make employees feel like at home.

Task Competency is important, but loyalty is the best among all. You can be great at work, but if you doesn't show your best attachment to the company, it'd be hard for you to receive more benefits.

So, what's beneath loyalty? It's honesty.

I won't take any other story but myself. The company took me, a fresh graduate student who was just going to spend vacation at home after graduation. I made a deal with the management that I could only stay until the time to enroll to my master's class. It was only 9 months work. However, they found me holding good integrity that they keep making contact with me. So, I assume thatloyalty has nothing to do with length of work.

Honesty is the best criterion for loyalty, though as a psychologist, I'm still having trouble assessing it. lol.


0 notices:

Post a Comment